Downloads of the FLEUR code
Within the MaX project we created a series of FLEUR-releases. These can obtained via a download script, by manual downloads of tar-files, by git or for use in docker as described below.
FLEUR is an open-source code published under the MIT license.
Download via configure script
The probably easiest and best way to obtain FLEUR is to download our small installation script here,
to put it into a directory that will become your source directory and (after renaming to configure.sh and making it executable) simple do a
./configure.sh. This will download the most recent release of FLEUR.
If you do not have direct internet access on your machine or no git installed, you can also download tar-files below.
Download via git
The current release of FLEUR can also be downloaded by using the following git command:
git clone --branch release https://iffgit.fz-juelich.de/fleur/fleur.git
Please be aware that some features of our configure script will only work if you clone from the git-server. Hence we recommend using the configure script above or the instructions on the gitlab server.
Get the newest release as tar ball (right now this is the MaX 5.1 release of Fleur as of 10/04/2021).
Tar-balls of older releases:
- FLEUR MaX Release 5 of Version 32 Current as of 20/11/2020
- FLEUR MaX Release 4 of Version 31 Current as of 28/11/2019
- FLEUR MaX Release 3.1 of Version 0.30 Current as of 05/09/2019
- FLEUR MaX Release 3 of Version 0.27 Current as of 30/06/2018
- FLEUR MaX Release 2.1 of Version 0.27 Current as of 30/11/2017
- FLEUR MaX Release 2 of Version 0.27 Current as of 31/08/2017
- FLEUR MaX Release 1.3 of Version 0.27 Current as of 27/06/2017
- FLEUR MaX Release 1.2 of Version 0.27 Current as of 04/05/2017
- FLEUR MaX Release 1.1 of Version 0.27 Current as of 06/12/2016
- FLEUR MaX Release 1 of Version 0.27 Current as of 31/08/2016
The source code of FLEUR can also be found at the Fleur GitLab. This includes all the versions mentioned above as well as the most recent snapshots and development branches.
Running FLEUR within docker
We also provide a ready-to-run version of FLEUR in a docker image.
This Docker image can be used in the following way:
To run a FLEUR calculation, simply do
docker run -v$PWD:/mnt judft/fleur. Note, that the FLEUR code needs disk-IO for its input-file and the resulting output. Hence you have to mount the corresponding directory (
$PWDin this example).
To run the FLEUR input generator (inpgen), use
docker run -v$PWD:/mnt judft/fleur inpgen INPUT_FILE. In this case the
INPUT_FILEfor inpgen has to be provided in the mounted directory.
Additional command line options for FLEUR or inpgen are also supported.
Quantum Mobile -- A virtual machine with all MaX-codes and AiiDA installed can be found on Github.
There is also a page with a few precompiled binaries.
After downloading the source we strongly recommend to have a look at the Documentation.